Saturday, November 27, 2010

Customised Vintage Style Belts?!?!?!

Don't you just LOVE self covered belts that add the perfect finishing touch to your vintage dress? I know I do! So much, that I've added a few of these lovelies to some of my dresses in 2010 and carried this addiction over into 2011!

For sample making, I usually just need one belt made before putting everything into production. Since one belt doesn't cut it for the belt manufacturers, I turn to Pat's Custom Buttons and Belts in Lodi, California for my sample belt making needs. Pat Mahoney runs her business from the comfort of her home. She doesn't have a website so it's kind of difficult to find her information. However, I adore her craftsmanship so much and hope the best of success for her, so I've decided to share her information with all of you :)

Pat Mahoney caters to both the professional designer and the hobbyist. She has many many different buckle shapes and sizes and makes belts as small as 1/2" to over 2 inches. To order from her, simply send her your fabric in an envelope that she provides with her catalog, fill out the information and in about a week you'll have your belt. This is perfect for those that want to replace worn out belts on their vintage dresses, or for your hand made creations.

To get a catalog, send a $5.00 check to:
Pat's Custom Buttons and Belts
537 York Street
Lodi, CA 95240

phone: 209-369-5410

No comments: